Wine tastings are offered daily from 10am until closing. Guests may stand at the counter or take a seat at one of the many beautiful and locally-crafted macrocarpa or oak tables featuring wood milled from trees grown on the vineyard. Guests may also purchase a glass of wine or a bottle to enjoy along with their meals in the café.
Mt. Beautiful’s portfolio of wines include Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris, Chardonnay, Riesling and a Pinot Noir. We also produce a Rosé along with two limited production barrel select offerings.
Tastings Offered Daily: 10:00am until close.
Tasting Fee: $5 NZD for a full exploration of Mt. Beautiful wines.
Closed Christmas Day and Boxing Day.
Ph: +64 3 319 8155
Mt. Beautiful's Portfolio of Wines
Learn more at mtbeautiful.co.nz
Mt. Beautiful wines are not only different from most New Zealand wines by way of their North Canterbury location, but they are also different in style. The wine style captures the essence of New Zealand while embracing a more restrained approach, with harmony and balance:
• Traditionally made Rosé with hints of fresh-cut watermelon and pink grapefruit
• Sauvignon Blanc that restrains grassiness while playing up the decadent tropical flavors and crisp finish
• Opulent, round Pinot Gris showing apples, pears and a touch of honey
• Velvety yet crisp Chardonnay with notes of stone fruits and persistent minerality
• Riesling offering a textural adventure of bright acidity and off-dry floral and citrus flavors
• Subtle, sophisticated Pinot Noir featuring black cherry and violet aromas
Winemaker Sam Weaver describes the winemaking style as clean wines with "drive" and length of flavor. They show abundant fruit but “pull in the reins” to manage it with more balance.
Left: Winemaker, Sam Weaver | Right: Our Team Carefully Hand sorting Pinot Noir